Start with yourself

Hi good day!

I usually have started reading 2 books parallely, this way I don't force myself to read something which I may not be in the mood to read at the moment + Finish 2books :). So along with reading 'Zahir' got my hands on 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' from the library, its a collection of 101 stories. If I had my way(time & way to type at the highest speed) would have got all of them here. But read this one:

Start with Yourself

The following words were written on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in Cyrpts of Westminister Abbey:

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser , I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

But it too seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas they would have none of it.

And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed my self first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and who knows, I may have even changed the world.
Anonymous


The First chapter of the Book has this quote:

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.
Mother Teresa


Our teachers in School always encouraged us to use the Magical 3 words. You might think: 'I love you', they are 3magical words and should be said to all your dear ones. But the 3words we were asked to use whenever possible and necessary are:
Please
Thank you
Sorry

We were asked to thank bus,cab,auto drivers/conductors. To thank our friends/parents/teachers/.... even people who would not feel bad in you missed out on saying Thank you or sorry, but they said 'Say it, if you really mean it and respect the person'.

Many of my friends(taking inspiration from Bollywood movies on friendship) say 'In friendship No Sorry, No thank you', I have argued with them multiple times. So got a little wiser and whenever a person who doesn't know me and makes the same statement I tell them 'My parents and teachers taught me some good manners and I like making good use of them, so don't try to spoil me!'. ;)

This practice has had great results. Cab, Auto rickshaw drivers, bus conductors whom I thank everyday give me a surprised look, but then I get a great big Smile from them, which makes My day too. My friends and colleagues are greeted by my Hi Gud day! messages, and I receive the equal number of wishes for a great day ahead from them compared to them receiving 1gud day msg from me, so My Day always becomes Great! Thats my secret ;). Try IT! :)

Bye. Gud nyt & TC.

Enjoy & have a great week!

P.S.: Just heard the song 'Manic Monday', it may be a manic monday tomorrow, but who cares, I have made my choice 'Im going to have a great, successful, productive, satisfying, enjoyable day', & I have your wishes for a great day so who cares, let the Monday be Manic! :)

Comments