Event: Mithai Cupcake workshop by Chef Anees at APB Studio with JAMMs

Good day!
Another JAMMs workshop at APB Studio :)

My nevadya to my Bappa: Mithai Cupcakes with Modak filling and grated coconut frosting :)
 This is what my Bappa got as Nevadya from my side. Each year I try to make something different for Ganpati. Thank you Chef Anees, Chef Rushina, APB studios and JAMMs for teaching me this :)



This was a Mithai Cupcake workshop by Chef Anees of  StarAnise Pâtisserie.
The festive season is coming soon and I was thinking of what to make for Ganpati which is eggless and can be served as Prasad. Last year I had made Coconut center white chocolate modaks. So this workshop was perfect for me. Check what I made for Ganpati at the end of the post.

 We registered and I was thrilled to be at APB studio again. The first I had attended Event: JAMMs Book Club meet and Book Reading by Kiran Manral



So 25 JAMMies gathered at Yummy Mummy Chef Rushina's APB Studio in Andheri East. Know more about the studio at: http://www.apbcookstudio.com/

 

Chef Anees has his own Pâtisserie at StarAnis . We started with basic introductions and questions by Chef Anees about baking. Then we made batter for Cupcake and different fillings and flavors of Mithai for the Cupcakes. We made the Modak filling Cupcake and the Gajar Halwa flavored Cupcake.



How to make them look drool worthy was shown by Chef Anees. Trust me, they were yum to the core :) He showed how we can let our creativity run amok with these mithai flavours and cupcakes. The other cupcakes he had pre-made to show us as example. The workshop was hosted by Sprig and we used Sprig Natural Color extracts instead of Oil based or Food Colours.


Chef Rushina gave us a classy and now-in-trend dessert idea: Mithai Jar Dessert. We had fun watching how she piled all the sugary sweet flavors and decorated it with a lil sparkle by Chef Anees.


The JAMMs mommies. A lot of them are Home Bakers and their questions, tips helped others to understand a lot about baking. Chef Anees kept giving small small tips like why your cakes become hard when batter is stirred a lot or why they dip or sugar and its types or shops to buy your baking stuff from.

JAMMs with Chef  Anis and Chef Rushina at APB Studio

 We also met Food bloggers: Mumbai Food Diaries and 2BlissofBaking.

Know more about:
JAMMs : JAMM's is a no-nonsense & complete Momsense support group for social networking amongst Mumbai / New Mumbai based mothers. We connect online + offline ! It empowers mothers to come back into the workforce with their talents, hobbies, business they build and networking.
Whatsapp Ritu, CEO of JAMMS: +91 99302 03454
JAMMs Network: Facebook
JAMMs: Website


APB Studio: A fun place to host a party and cookout no cookin :). Follow them for Cooking sessions and activities.
APB Website
APB on Facebook
APB Cook Studio @APBCookStudio
Twitter Chef Rushina @RushinaMG 

Chef Anis and StarAnis:
Facebook StarAnise
Twitter StarAnis @_star_anise
Twitter Chef Anees @chefanees

Sprig:
Sprig Website

Mumbai Food Diaries:
Blog
@ginni_me
Facebook

2BlissofBaking:
Blog
@2blissofbaking
Facebook


Let you know when I bake a Mithai Cupcake batch.
Read more posts about JAMMs at http://nav-justanyrandomtopic.blogspot.in/search/label/JAMMs


Till then Bye. Take care.

Comments

Too much foooooooooodddddddddd! :D lovely pics. Enjoying yourself, I can see
Nilima Mohite said…
Haha J are we? Yes, Enjoyed myself. Now gearing up to try them at home & prepare for Ganpati festival
Aparna said…
Drool worthy....
Nilima Mohite said…
:) Thank you Aparna. Try to make them and lets share tips ;)
Great pictures. I would love to see how your efforts turned out for the Ganpati festival. Tag me on FB when you have a post up on that. :)
Nilima Mohite said…
Thank you Corinne for the comment :). Yes, sure. I have updated how my cupcakes turned out.